Sunday, June 14, 2020

Vagina Song

I believe I've already mentioned this new comedy video I've been working on, called "The Vagina Song", but this week I want to talk a little more about it.

The comedian is Wendy Maybury, a very funny lady, and what I like about her humor, besides being very funny, of course, is that it's also very adult.   And since I survived in my early years as a cartoonist working for the men's magazines like Penthouse, Viva, Playboy, Hustler, Screw and many others, I have a fond affection for sexual humor.  In fact, I took a lot of my comedy gags that I drew for those men's magazines and later turned them into cartoon shorts or features.  Films like "I Married a Strange Person", "How to Make Love to a Woman", "Sex and Violence" and its sequel, "More Sex and Violence" display my often sexual humor. 

I haven't seen a lot of animated comedy music videos, so I hope this one can open the way for more of this style of videos, it's a great way to use animation.  One of the interesting aspects of making this video is the idea that after working on it for weeks, it's easy for me to lose my objectivity and perspective.  When it comes to humor, one never knows if the overall piece is going to work, if the drawings actually boost the humor of the comedian's words. 

Fortunately, after making these drawings for a few weeks (my studio was still shut down, so there were fewer distractions) and then finally matching the two parts together - the animation and the soundtrack - I can announce that it was successful, the animation enhances and magnifies the humor.   I was laughing through the whole completed short - what a relief!

I think you'll really love "Vagina Song".  It should be released some time this June from Stand Up Records.  We all really need some humor now - so please tell all your friends to check it out.  Also, enjoy this week's gag cartoon, which is below. 

Thanks,

Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment