Sunday, June 7, 2020

Pandemic update + Simpsons update

A lot of people, friends and fans, have been sending me queries about my health and the status of the studio - and I really appreciate everyone's concern for my health.

Happily, I've been very safe and healthy for the duration of this crisis.  However, as you may know we were forced to shut down our Manhattan studio just to keep my employees safe.  But we just heard from the NY government that because of the decline in deaths and new cases of the Covid-19 virus, businesses in New York City can now begin to open up.  Whew!  Am I glad!  I can start bringing my employees back to the studio and we can get organized again. 

I do want to remind everyone that if you're a fan of my artwork, especially the work I've done for "The Simpsons", you can now bid on some of it in an upcoming Heritage Auction, taking place on June 19-21.  Select drawings from "How to Kiss" and "25 Ways to Quit Smoking" will also be available.  More information about this auction is available here:

https://www.ha.com/

If you go there and search on "Bill Plympton" you should be able to see my artwork being featured in their upcoming auction. 

By the way, I've just been commissioned to animate a new couch gag for the next season of "The Simpsons".  Yeah!  I'm so excited.  And this one is really going to be weird.

Stay happy & healthy - this week's gag cartoon was inspired by the recent Space X launch.  Enjoy!

--Bill P.




No comments:

Post a Comment