Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"Revengeance" Kickstarter campaign success!

Yeee Haw!  We made our Kickstarter goal of $80,000 for "Revengeance", the new animated feature I'm making with Jim Lujan -

However, it was a close call - now we have one day left in the campaign, so my Kickstarter advisor said that it would be super cool if we could go over our goal, set a new stretch goal and raise money for the post-production of the film.  So we're going to make a bold move and raise the goal to $90,000 - that is, if we get another $10,000, we'll put that money toward editing, sound and promotion.

The crowd-funding landscape sort of changed a bit since we raised money for my last film, CHEATIN' - I don't know if there are just more projects out there to fund or what, but it's not as easy as it used to be.  My thanks to Adam Rackoff for keeping on top of things, and adding more rewards tiers to get more people to back the film.  My staff also helped out by digging through bins of artwork to find some of the best images from my classic films - we raided the archive to help raise money for the next film!

                                                           Get them while they last!

We also benefited from the great news that Matthew Modine will be joining the voice cast of the film.  Matthew's been a great friend and has done voices for me before, in my shorts "Santa, the Fascist Years" and "The Flying House", so it will be great to work with him again.  I'm glad that working with me didn't prevent him from being in films like "Jobs" and "The Dark Knight Rises".

                                      Matthew Modine and his "Revengeance" character, Sid

"Revengeance" is about 1/3 done, and I must say, in all modesty - it looks fantastic!  And I hope you'll be proud to help support such an amazing film.  I'll remind you that for a measly $1,500 I will create a character from your photo and put you in a scene or two in the movie - you'll be immortalized forever (I guess that's redundant) in a Bill Plympton film!

So, keep indie animation alive and tell your friends that they have until 9 pm on Thursday, May 21 to be part of this great film - once again, the link to the campaign is:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/billplympton/bill-plymptons-revengeance-an-animated-feature-fil

Thanks,

Bill Plympton

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, keep working hard towards your project. Sure, your project can get more support in future .

    ReplyDelete