Monday, April 28, 2014

Upcoming Society of Illustrators Exhibit

As a youth, I was crazy about cartoons and animation, and now that I'm a successful filmmaker, I wanted to celebrate some of the people who are my heroes.  I call them "The Icons of Animation".

Peter de Seve, William Joyce and Carlos Nine are, to my mind, the greatest artists living today, and it's especially cool that their artistry is all over the film screen. 

Animation today is a multi-billion dollar industry.  Four of the top ten box-office hits last year were animated films.  And these artists are like the kings of animation. 

So, I felt it was about time we honored the greats of character design and animation artistry with a collection of their amazing work at the mecca of illustration art, The Society of Illustrators.

The exhibit is called "The Art of the Movies: William Joyce, Peter de Seve, Carlos Nine, and Bill Plympton" and it will run from June 4 to August 16, 2014 at the Society of Illustrators, 128 East 63rd St., in New York City.  So be sure to check this out!

For more details:
  
http://www.societyillustrators.org/The-Museum/2014/Movies/The-Art-of-the-Movies--William-Joyce,-Peter-de-Seve,-Carlos-Nine,-and-Bill-Plympton.aspx

--Bill Plympton




1 comment: