Friday, August 17, 2018

Back from Los Angeles...

I just returned from Los Angeles, where we had the West Coast theatrical premiere of "Revengeance", and Jim Lujan, the film's writer, designer, voice-over star and overall creative genius, appeared with me on stage to introduce the film.   We had great crowds all last weekend at the Laemmle Monica theater! 

Me with Jim Lujan outside the Laemmle Monica Theater
Before that, we had premiered the film in New York at the wonderful IFC Center, where we also had good attendance, and the film got held over for a second week of late-night shows.  If you ask me, that's the best time to see the movie, because in many ways it's a great late-night "stoner" film. 

After Jim and I finished the film in 2015, it traveled around on the film festival circuit for a while, where it was very popular, winning a few prizes even.  After that, we searched for distributors for two years, and got turned down a lot. 

The worst part of that situation was that it delayed the theatrical release, which then in turned delayed the production of DVDs - after all, if the film's out on DVD, fewer people are going to go see the film in theaters.  So that meant we also had to withhold delivery of the DVDs and BluRays that we promised to our Kickstarter backers, because the film hadn't been released in L.A. yet.  So now, finally, after two years we can finally make some DVDs and fulfill our gifts to the remaining backers.  So to all my supporters, we're making the DVDs now, have faith, your rewards will be on the way soon!  Hooray! 

Speaking of Kickstarter, I ended up going back to the well again to raise money for the "Trump Bites" project, and I was afraid my fans are getting very tired of my requests for funding.  As you may recall, I did three very successful animated shorts for the New York Times that made fun of our President.  Unfortunately, the budget to make each 1-minute short is about $10,000 and the Times doesn't even pay that much.  So we didn't turn a profit on them yet, and I was starting to go broke fast. 

That's why we turned to Kickstarter, to close the gap so we could make more episodes.  It was a bit of a close call over whether we would meet our goal - and we made it with one day to spare, and even went a little bit over.  Thank you so much, all you Plympton fans and supporters!  Thanks to you, I'm working now on two more "Trump Bites" episodes, and I believe they'll be the best I've ever done.  Thanks to the New York Times, the first three were seen all over the world, even in Siberia!  Wait until you see the new ones, they'll make your brain explode!

We now have plans to show "Revengeance" in theaters across America.  So please watch for this wacky feature in a cinema near you.  After that, we'll release the film on DVD and sell it on my web-site, and look for opportunities to stream it too!  Please check my on-line store in a couple of months for details on how to order the film on DVD or BluRay.

See you soon,

Bill P.

No comments:

Post a Comment