Monday, June 25, 2018

Trump Bites


I have another big announcement, you might have heard that I've been working on some animated political cartoons with a production company called 110th Street Films.  They're called "Trump Bites", and they combine my animation with real audio from our 45th President.  I hear he has "the best words..."

Well, the New York Times loves them, and just started running the first three on their "Opinions" page, and you can check them out here:

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/100000005935590/donald-trumps-big-fat-oval-office.html

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/100000005935591/trump-and-putin-a-love-story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/100000005935596/donald-trumps-worst-nightmare.html


So now we have the go-ahead to continue and make some more.  But unfortunately, the money that they're paying is not enough.  So we've decided to launch a Kickstarter campaign so that we can make the best cartoons to poke fun at Trump. 

I'm so excited, I think this is just what this country needs - a kick-ass animated political cartoon about the worst President in U.S. history.  I have so many ideas, I don't know what to do first!  It's very ironic to me, I started out my career by doing a very political syndicated comic strip, and also caricatures of politicians.  Then I got into animation and I ignored politics for a long time, it just wasn't part of my work.  But now I'm finally combining animation with politics and it sort of feels like I've come full circle! 

You've heard of Laurel & Hardy, Martin & Lewis, Abbott & Costello and Beavis & Butthead - well, now we can add another great comedy team, "Trump & Plympton".  It's going to be historic.  Be part of political history and support our Kickstarter campaign.  Our goal is to get a nasty tweet from POTUS -

And you can be responsible for that! 


Please check out our campaign here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1825301302/trump-bites-animated-by-bill-plympton

Thanks!

Bill P.

No comments:

Post a Comment