Thursday, May 17, 2012

Portland Shows

Tomorrow, I'm off to Portland to introduce the Oregon premiere of “Adventures in Plymptoons”.  Alexia Anastasio and I will be introducing the film at the McMenamin's Mission Theater, one of those cool venues that lets you order and eat food while you watch the film.

 It's the start of a whole Oregon Road Tour for the film, organized by my good buddy and crack promoter, Steve Tenhonen.  Here are the cities and dates:

May 19 - McMenamin's Mission Theater, 1624 N.W. Glisan, Portland OR
May 20 - McMenamin's Old St. Francis School Theater, 700 N.W. Bond St., Bend OR
May 22 - McMenamin's Kennedy School Theater, 5736 N.E. 33rd Ave., Portland OR
May 23 - McMenamin's Grand Lodge Compass Room Theater, 3505 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove OR
May 24 - McMenamin's Olympic Club Theater, 112 N. Tower Ave., Centralia WA
May 25 - McMenamin's Edgefield Power Station Theater, 2126 S.W. Halsey St., Troutdale OR
May 26 - McMenamin's Bagdad Theater & Pub, 3702 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd., Portland OR
May 27 - McMenamin's St. Johns Theater & Pub, 8203 N. Ivanhoe, Portland OR

 All screenings include Q&A with director Alexia Anastasio and producers Steve Tenhonen and Kevin Sean Michaels with special guests and activities to celebrate "Keeping it Weird" in Oregon.
 Unfortunately, because I'm busy trying to finish “Cheatin'”, my new feature, I won't be able to attend the screening at the Bagdad Theater on May 26, which has been declared “Bill Plympton Day” in Portland.  Wow, what a cool honor!

 The screenings at the Bagdad on May 26 will be preceded by celebrations that will benefit the Oregon Media Production Association.  Doors will open at 2 pm and 6 pm, screenings will begin at 3 pm and 7 pm.  For tickets, please visit:


http://mcmenamins.com/events/u/Great_Northwest_Film_Tour

 But, if you're in the great Northwest around those dates, please stop by and check out this amazing inside look into my life and career. By the way, I'm going to premiere one of my new shorts at the Mission Theater screening, and, as is my custom, I'll be giving everyone who attends a free Bill Plympton drawing.

 See you there!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could make it up the coast to see you, Bill. Have a fantastic time up there, and congrats on the week of honors!

    ReplyDelete