Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Events, Salem, Comic Con and More!

This summer there are a lot of Plympton activities that you need to be aware of.

I start by taking my summer Oregon vacation after the 4th of July, where I have two major events. The first one is a double show I'm doing at the Salem Cinema located on 1127 Broadway (at the corner of Broadway and Market Streets) on July 11th.

At 5pm, I'll be showing all my safe-for-kids short films, the Dog series, and the premiere of “The Cow How Wanted to be a Hamburger” in Oregon. And then, the 8 o'clock show will be for adults only – Some sex, some violence, and a lot of laughs. Plus, I'll be creating some drawings and telling some stories. Everyone who comes gets a free Bill Plympton sketch – so if you're in the Salem area, please stop by and say hello.

Then, on July 19th, I'm having a big DVD party at Dante's Cabaret, 1 SW 3rd Ave at Burnside from 6 – 10. A lot of the actors and crew from Guns on the Clackamus will be there and we'll be showing clips from that film. Also, we'll be celebrating the Hair High DVD release. It's open to the public, so bring your friends; it'll be a blast!

Then on the 21st, I'm heading down to San Diego for the prestigious Comic Con. I'll be sharing booth #5552 with the duo who are making my documentary, "Adventures in Plymptoons", Alexia and Kevin. We have three major events to tell you about. The first is my panel on Thursday at 1:30 – 2:30 in Room 8. I'll be showing lots of cool things – besides some of my commercial work, I'll show "The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger" and a clip from my new feature film, Cheatin'. It has a unique style. We'll also be screening a clip from the documentary "Adventures in Plymptoons", which will be introduced by Alexia Anastasio, and of course, everyone who comes gets a free Bill Plympton drawing.

The second event is a screening of my newest short, “The Cow Who Wanted to be a Hamburger” at the Comic Con Independent Film Festival on Thursday, July 22nd at 3:25pm. The screening will be held at the Marriott Hotel and Marina, In Marriott Hall 1&2.

Thirdly. on Friday night from 7 – 10, we're having an exhibition at the Chuck Jones Gallery, located at 232 Fifth Avenue. We'll be showing all the best drawings from “Idiots and Angels”, my “Dog” series and select artwork from other shorts, including "The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger". We'll also be playing some of my classic shorts and other extras. It's open to the public, so please stop by and bring your friends. I'll see you there, and have fun at the con!

We have two new surprise announcements coming up, probably within the next two weeks, so please stay tuned to Scribbles Junkies! You're going to love these announcements!

No comments:

Post a Comment