Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Patrick Smith's "MASKS" on-line Premiere..


The previously unavailable "MASKS" is now unleashed for public consumption. "Masks" had a two year festival run, and has done pretty well.. Please share it with whomever you think will enjoy it:) There's a couple good reviews out, Amid Amidi at Cartoon Brew, and also some really kind words over at io9. I would love it if this film gets out there, because it's initial release was a lot more limited than some of my other films.


I'm also trying something new, I created a store to sell some drawings from the film (one of the benefits from drawing on paper:) Please visit the store here.



"Masks" Animated Short Film (2011) from Patrick Smith on Vimeo.

A bit about "Masks":
In 2009, my good friend and musician Karl von Kries created a seven minute audio score, I listened to it.. listened to it again.. and again.. and then I drew the images that came to my head.  I created a story about masked men that exploit an edible smaller species to near extinction, then a renegade scientist perfects a cloning process to satisfy the demand... but the clones conceal a destructive secret.

Winner Santa Clarita Valley Film Festival 2012
Winner Jury Prize Durango Film Festival 2012 
Winner ASIFA-East (Association Internationale du Film d'Animation) 2011
Winner Animated Surrealism Award DragonCon Film Festival (given by Ralph Bakshi), 2011
Winner Anima Mundi, Brazil, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment