Monday, December 5, 2016

Bill Plympton Animation University


How would you like to be famous, like Bill Plympton?  Well, here's your chance!

Starting Monday, January 9, 2017 - I plan to kick off my 2-month intensive course on animation, which will last until March 6.

Every Monday night from 6-8 pm I'll hold detailed lectures at my studio about each phase of making a short animated film.  Through the use of drawing lessons, film screenings and tips I've learned during my 50-year career as an illustrator, cartoonist, caricature artist and filmmaker, I will inspire and motivate the students to make their own films.

The classes will take place at my studio on West 27th St. in Manhattan (Chelsea neighborhood, off 7th Ave.)  The class size will be limited to 15 students.  There is no requirement other than a hunger to learn how to create a great film.

The curriculum will cover story ideas and concepts, storyboards, character design, humor, animation, the "Plympton Dogma", post-production, film festivals, distribution, crowd funding, with guest appearances by my producer and office manager to cover all of the facets of my animation operation.

The fee will be $2,000 and at the last session, we will screen the resulting animation, and then hopefully the films will be accepted into festivals and receive greater glory.  And every graduating student will get a formal degree from Bill Plympton's Animation University.

UPDATE: We are also planning to make the course available on-line, via private Vimeo link, for students who can't make it to New York City, for just $1,000 !  That's half-price, and will also include TWO private Skype sessions, so I can review your work at the storyboard stage, and also the finished animation.   Videos will be posted each week, a few days after the Monday class.

So if you are interested in the classes, either in-person or online, please contact me by e-mail at:   studio@plymptoons.com

See you on January 9!

Bill Plympton

4 comments: