Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Simpsons


Okay, I screwed up – I made a big booboo, I blundered. I'm sorry! I forgot to give you, my dear readers, a heads up about my cameo appearance on “The Simpsons” from Sunday, April 15th.
Last fall, I was asked by my buddy Matt Groening to do a “Couch Gag” for the show. I sent them two ideas and they liked them, so I began to work on the animation. But I was told in very strong terms not to tell anyone about the short.
I even had to keep it a secret from my family, and you, dear readers. But, just before airing, they told me I could tell others about the premiere. Unfortunately, I was so busy with “Cheatin'” that I had no time to write a Scribble Junkies blog about it. Everyone else found out about it by either watching the show, or the internet.
The bit got great reviews and a ton of hits on Youtube. In fact, more people saw that one minute clip than all my other films combined – oh, the power of the Simpsons.
Another interesting story – when I sent in the storyboard, the lawyers had no problem with the hookers or strippers, but cigarettes were ruled out!
You can see it on Youtube here: Plymptoons Simpsons Couch Gag

No comments:

Post a Comment