Monday, April 9, 2012

Environmental Film Festival

I've been to the wonderful Environmental Film Festival 2 other times and always enjoyed myself. This year I was invited again to show all my most recent work.

It was one of those beautiful spring days -- the cherry blossoms were in full bloom and the tourists were on a rampage. I had a big crowd at the AFI Silver Theater in Silver Springs, Maryland. Afterwords they all wanted to talk about my revitalization of Winsor McCay's "The Flying House".

Later I got a tour of Washington DC in its prime in a Chevy Volt -- they were one of the sponsors of the festival, obviously because of its green energy powered battery engine.

On Saturday, Sandrine and I had a free day to explore, and even though the weather sucked, we were able to visit Congress, the National Gallery of Art, and the Air Space Museum.

I was particularly interested in the National Gallery of Art -- terrific work by Ed Hopper, Edward Hicks, Andrew Wyeth, Albert Pinkham Ryder, Jacques Louis David, and Van Gogh. There was also a great exhibition of Picasso's very early work when he was a teen that puts my early work to shame.

I hope to visit the National Gallery again, but next time spend some quality time with the paintings.

I give the Environmental FF a green B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment