Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Martha's Vineyard International Film Festival

Once again I visited the Martha's Vineyard International Film Festival – I believe it's my sixth year – the festival is a production of the wonderfully ebullient Richard Paradise.

I got to meet Aaron Shock, the director of a fascinating documentary called “Circo” about a small time Mexican traveling circus.

The Annual “Animation Spectacular” was Vaccese, a big hit this year. Hosted by me and the very talented Joy, we had a packed house and turned away numerous fans. The big hits were “Bottle” by Kirsten Lepore, “The Mouse that Soared” by Kyle Bell, “Book Girl and Cabinet Girl” by Jane Wu, and “The Incredible Flying Books of Morris Lessmore” by the great William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg. Everywhere that I've seen this last film play it wows the audiences. People run up and say they absolutely have to have a copy of the film. I'm glad I don't have a short for the academy awards this year because the books film is going to clean up!

This year was the best year for me at the Martha's Vineyard festival, great sun, great food, great swimming, great films, great people and great audiences. If you have a film for next year, definitely enter it into next years Martha's Vineyard International Film Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment