Friday, May 6, 2011

Book Party!

Well, if you weren't at my book party at the Society of Illustrators, you missed the party of the year! Everyone who was anyone was there!


I started the show off with some beautiful music by the talented Nicole Renaud. While she played, I did a portrait of her performing with her see-through accordion.





Then I showed a few of my newer films, “The Cow Who Wanted to be a Hamburger”, “Guard Dog Global Jam”, “The Flying House”, and “Cheatin'”. I also showed selected pieces of art from my newly released Rizzoli book, “Independently Animated, Bill Plympton”.


The fun didn't stop there, as I brought my co-writer David Levy up on stage for a few remarks, as well as movie star and voice of “Santa the Fascist Years” Matthew Modine came up on stage to talk about his voice-over role in our remastered short, Windor McCay's “The Flying House”.



But wait! There was even more excitement – the packed, standing room only crowd moved upstairs where we had great food and drink, and David and I signed the beautiful book. The signing line was so long that by the time I finished, they were turning off lights and locking the door. I barely got a chance to eat anything!





I want to thank Rizzoli books, Anell Miller, and Dennis Dittrich at the Society of Illustrators for hosting such a fun event. But don't feel bad if you missed it, we're planning a few more book signings around New York City – for starters, May 27th at the Museum of the Moving Image, and October 5th at the MoMA. For more information and other signings, keep watching my plymptoons.com site and reading this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment