Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Annecy - Heads Up!




Good News! I've got a ticket to the famous Annecy Animation Festival. I'll be there June 5 – June 11, and I have a lot of activities lined up. So if you're planning to go (and I hope you are, it'll change your life), get out your weekly planner and take notes:

On Tuesday, June 7th at 8pm we're having the world premier of Alexia Anastasio's wonderfully documentary about moi, "Adventures in Plymptoons"!


Wednesday, June 8th at 4pm I'm doing a signing in the Bonlieu for my two new books: "Independently Animated: Bill Plympton" by myself and David Levy, and "Bill Plympton: Portrait of a Serial Cartoonist" by Lucie Merijeau. Then, that evening, I'm hosting the "Annecy Off" Festival. Stay tuned for more information on that event.

Thursday, June 9th I'm doing another signing of both books at the BD Fugue sometime in the afternoon, probably 3 or 4pm. This is also in the Bonlieu Center. That evening, at the Petite Salle, I'm having a master class, where I'll show all my new work and do a drawing demonstration, as well as talk about my career as an indy animator. Everyone who comes gets a free sketch!




Finally, on Friday June 10th starting at 8pm, Nancy & Nik Phelps and I are presenting the 6th Annual Annecy Plus! Here we show all the great films that were rejected by the august panel of Annecy judges, one of them being my new film, "Guard Dog Global Jam". The great Annecy + band, led by the genius Nik Phelps, will be entertaining all of the drinking guests. The location is Le Code Bar, 4 Bis Rue de la Poste, just 3 blocks from the Bonlieu Center.

Beyond all of these events you'll find me at the Bonlieu with Spike of the festival of animation, selling our DVD's and generally creating a ruckus. So hawk your old family heirlooms and rush to the great Annecy Festival in France June 6 – 11. You'll be glad you did; I give the festival an A +.


Also, stay tuned to Scribble Junkies – I have a big, exciting announcement to make in a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Bill,
    Nancy already told me about Friday, I also already planned to be at your session on Thursday: now I look forward at a free sketch of yours! And now I get to know also about Wednesday. And let's not forget the picnic in Paquier on Saturday afternoon...
    And, just to repeat myself, what about organizing a sale of your works to finance your feature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I are so jealous ! I m french and I ve never been that festival damnit !

    ReplyDelete