Friday, October 28, 2022

October wrap-up - Simpsons, NYCC, Tucson FilmFest

Hey all you Scribble Junkies, I'm sorry it's been a while since I posted, but I've been busy working on the rough cut of "Slide".  It's been a very busy month with everything going on, all while I'm trying to edit this feature, record some of the voices and try to get some of the music for the film in place.  

First off, I hope you caught my new couch gag for "The Simpsons", which aired on October 2. It's called "The Rug", and it's the EIGHTH couch gag that they've let me animate, and I'm truly thrilled, and proud that I probably have the most guest animator segments on the show!  What an honor, seriously!  If you missed it, the episode is called "One Angry Lisa", and it's episode 2 of Season 34.  

You can catch it on YouTube here (I didn't post it...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tij2iVNIqmA

On my YouTube channel I made a playlist of (almost) all the couch gags I've animated over the years, you can find that here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL022D27CB9866EEBA

Then I spent four days in Artist Alley at New York Comic Con, I had a great time meeting fans and selling art, they gave us a great table very close to the entrance of Artist Alley.  The number of people attending was up this year, because last year they were still limiting attendance because of COVID.  However, this year I think there were a lot more panels and screenings going on, because there were times where it felt like nothing was going on down in Artist Alley. Oh well, I still had a blast signing things for fans and drawing caricatures, and we made some sales. Oh, and I got to meet Eric Appel, who's the director of the "Weird Al" Yankovic movie that's about to be released!  



with Eric Appel

A week later, I was off to the Tucson Film Festival - Herb Stratford, the director, arranged for me to fly out there and do two shows, one that was a collection of my recent short films and music videos, like "Demi's Panic", "Odd Duck", "Voodoo Doll" and "Lipstick of the Brave", then I did a second show with clips from "Slide" and a presentation about the making of the new feature.  I got to attend a couple parties there, so that was a nice little break for me.  


But since I got back from Tucson I've mostly been working on "Slide" around the clock.  I'm getting all of these notices for Academy screenings of animated movies like "Wendell & Wild", "My Father's Dragon" and the new "Puss in Boots" movie, plus a lot more, and I wish I could go to all of them, but I'm just too busy!  Maybe now that I have a rough cut almost done, I can sneak out to one or two of these this weekend, and take my son Lucas along.  

Lucas is also very excited about Halloween - and it's just about that time, too!  I may not have time to do much, but here are some photos of people in costume at New York Comic-Con, that were taken by my office manager, John H.  I hope you enjoy them, and have a great Halloween!  

Check out his whole Flickr album here:

https://flickr.com/photos/66064297@N00/albums/72177720302743125/with/52412922727/

--Bill P.












No comments:

Post a Comment