Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Updates

As most of you know, I've been working on a number of music videos this past year - one of the most exciting projects is for a song from the great Tim Grimm, one of the best folk singers around.  A few months ago, he asked me to create some animation for his new song "Gonna Be Great".

You may recognize the title from an expression used by our current leader.  Tim asked me to keep the man in the background, so I zeroed in on the gangster side of politics.  It's very 1930's Warner Brothers gangster-type animation.  I believe it's one of the best things I've done.

Anyway, it's premiering on the Curve channel at DittyTV at 10 pm CDT on Wednesday, March 27 and then rebroadcast at 10 am CDT on Thursday, March 28.  You can find it here:

https://dittytv.com/curve/

I hope you can all check it out then.  If not, watch for it on-line or on Tim Grimm's web-site or wherever you watch music videos these days.

https://www.timgrimm.com/

More great News!!! I found out I was just inducted into the "Cartoon Character Hall of Fame" and I'm in some pretty fast company - Joe Grant, Eyvind Earle, Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, Conan O'Brien, Milt Kahl, and more.  I don't know how they came up with the list, but I'm not complaining. It's a total honor to be accepted in the cartoon hierarchy.

You can find the Cartoon Character Hall of Fame here:

https://www.facebook.com/toonhalloffame/

Instead of a gag cartoon, this week I'm including a bunch of design ideas for one of the prostitutes in my new work-in-progress film "Slide".  You probably already know my films aren't generally meant for children - well, this one is certainly adult fare because it includes are trio of brothel-workers who sing like the Andrews Sisters.  I can't wait to get started with the film.  I hope you like the sketches -

--Bill P.





No comments:

Post a Comment