Friday, January 6, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


Last night, I stayed up very late to watch David Fincher’s version of “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”.

I usually like to go to bed early because I need to wake up at 5:30 to create my animation. But the film was so engrossing, I didn’t hit the sack until midnight.

It’s a superb film, great story by the deceased Stieg Larsson, wonderful screenplay by Steven Zaillian, and terrific cinematography from Jeff Cronenweth, as well as great performances from Daniel Craig and Stellan Skarsgard. But the real show is Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salender.

What I loved about her was her raw tough exterior, yet you knew deep inside she was a creampuff. Her character was so much fun to watch, I’ve got to see her in more films.

The only problem I had with the film was that it really wasn’t a nail biter, cliffhanger story. It was more of a character study, political film and for that reason I’m knocking down the score to a B+.

But please check out the film – you’ll love it!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it was really good and I agree with you on the B+ rating, but I give it an A just for Rooney alone. She is so great. I know a lot of people have a soft spot for the actress in the Swedish/European version but I adore Rooney more. She's so beautiful, even as the hard-edged princess. And I liked the way she talked and carried her self as well. The other one was a bit too hard or stiff, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the book, but haven't seen the movie yet. Have you read the books? They are great! And it gets more political

    ReplyDelete