Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Epic Sketchbook: Car Sketches by Lapin and Sagar..

"It's fascinating to look at the 2 very different ways we (Lapin and Sagar) choose to sketch this event. I spent my time sketching few detailed models while Sagar choose to represent the ambiance of the show on the cathedral place. I like that the "true" representation of it is not one or the other, but the juxtaposition of our 2 visions"
 
anglia deluxe  
by lapin








by sagar


opel 1900 by lapin








by sagar

lancia fulvia rallye 1,6 by lapin








by sagar

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of comic strips back in the days. This style of drawing was never popularized in the mainstream in spite of its indisputable art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly agree with Stelle. Actually, I find this style of sketching more legit than the style of sketches we have today. But I have to say, this type of sketching cannot be applied for a car model blueprint.

      Delete
  2. It's beautifully sketched. Just knowing the fact that it's Lapin and Sagar makes it more interesting to take a look at.

    @Stelle: He can actually make a comic strip out of those frames.

    ReplyDelete