Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Luncheon

One of the cool things about award season at the Academy is the opportunity to sit down and chat with a lot of the famous people who hope to get nominated. I just left one such gathering - it was a luncheon at the classy La Guenouille for both "Young Adult" starring Charlize Theron and Patton Oswalt, and "Rango" with director Gore Verbitsky.

Patton Oswalt, me and Peter Riegert

I'd just seen a wonderful animated short using Patton Oswalt's standup rant, called "Christmas Shoes." So, naturally, after a few drinks I yellow out "Christmas Shoes!" Patton asked me my name, and when I told him he replied by singing "Your Face"! I joined in to form a nice harmony, and then he asked me all of these questions about the film. We bonded. He's such a comic genius I was so flattered that he knew all my shorts. To top it off, I sat at Gore Verbitsky's table, and HE knew my work too! Maybe I'm not so underground after all...

Gore Verbitsky and I

Unfortunately I wasn't able to chat with Charlize Theron - she was mobbed, but she sure looked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment