Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Demi's Panic - Help support the new short on Kickstarter!

It's been a while since I posted, and I apologize, but I've been crushed by a ton of work.

I'm still pushing hard, trying to finish the animation on "Slide".  I'm now about 3/4 of the way through the drawings - it's gonna be a big film, like a 2-hour epic maybe.  I'm working hard on this film, I want this to be my masterpiece.

Then I'm doing some odds-and-ends work, illustrations, titles, a small commercial.  And I've just finished a new short about the pandemic (written by Danny Leonard and produced by Danny and Lorena Hernández Leonard) called "Demi's Panic".  I believe this short is the best one I've ever made, and I hope and pray it will be a big success.  We've started to enter the 10-minute film into a lot of festivals, so we'll soon see if our dreams come true. 

For me, it's a very unique project.  The art style is quite different from my usual look.  It's a blend of black and white minimal design with some colored-pencil craziness.  Also, it's a film about COVID-19, so there's not a laugh in the whole film, but that's why I think it will do well.  It's totally different than anything else I've done.  



There's still time to support the production of "Demi's Panic" on Kickstarter, Danny and Lorena are running a campaign to raise $10,000 and they're about 60% of the way there.  They have just 13 more days to raise the balance, the campaign ends on June 9.  If you can help support this independently-produced short about a very important subject, please visit:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deminyc/demis-panic




And watch for "Demi's Panic" this summer or fall in a festival near you.  If you have any leads for cool festivals, please let me know.  Even though we just wrapped production on the short, Danny and I are still in debt for the costs.  So if you can find it in your heart and pocketbook, please check out the campaign and help us pay our bills - we'd greatly appreciate it, and you can stream the film from home, or get signed original artwork from the film or get thanked in the credits!  

Now here's my new gag cartoon for this installment:


Until next time, 

Bill P.

No comments:

Post a Comment