Wednesday, March 3, 2021

The Simpsons (again)

Guess what, folks?  Last fall I was asked to do another Couch Gag for "The Simpsons"!! Yeah!!

Now, you've heard my rap before about how I love the Simpsons show, the Simpsons people and the Simpsons audience.  So whenever I get invited to do another opening for their show, I go out and celebrate.

This time, producer Al Jean asked me to send in a storyboard idea - and I thought I'd go really off the deep end and submit a totally off-the-wall, bizarro surreal concept.  It's Homer's head, and his facial features start becoming his family members as they ooze out of his orifices.  I thought, "Those producers at The Simpsons are going to think that I'm taking way too many drugs" - but surprise, surprise, they loved it!  Then I thought, "Oh my God, now I have to animate this totally twisted beast..."

It was a gas making this nightmare come true on my drawing board - and thankfully, they loved the finished version.  The producers called me months ago and said it would be broadcast on their 700th episode on March 7.  But now I heard that because some NASCAR race ran into a rain delay, that it may run on March 14 or even March 21.  But still, it's going to open their 700th episode - what an honor!

So please tell all your friends to tune in to "The Simpsons" and you might want to get a little buzzed first, to really get maxed out on the weirdness factor.  Thanks to all you Plympton and Simpsons fans for following my work and spreading the word!  

Sincerely, 

Bill P.


                                    








No comments:

Post a Comment