Friday, March 6, 2020

My trip to North Carolina, "Slide" music

I've just returned from my planned week-long trip to North Carolina, and then Paris - except Paris never happened!  The French government apparently ordered a ban on public gatherings in enclosed spaces to stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus, so my big weekend doing a Master Class in Paris was cancelled - damn!  Because I love Paris and I know I have a lot of fans there.

However, my show in Asheville, North Carolina was a big success, with a lot of fans from UNC.  During the day I was able to create 8 songs for my new animated feature, "Slide", with two musical geniuses, Maureen McElheron ("Your Face", "The Tune") and Hank Bones ("Hair High").  To me, this is one of the most rewarding and enjoyable parts of filmmaking, hearing the music come together, and then putting it together with the finished animation just blows my mind.  What you'ree see in the video posted here is a very rough cut of "Slide" with Maureen and Hank creating the music as it plays.

When I came up with the concept for "Slide", my idea was to make a cowboy musical, using old Hank Williams and Patsy Cline's kind of music.  Obviously, I can't afford the rights to their songs, so I brought in Hank and Maureen, who are, again, musical geniuses.  When I start putting their music with the rough animation, it helps so much to define the film for me.

I hope you enjoy seeing this film coming together as much as I do -

Thanks and Ciao,

Bill P.


No comments:

Post a Comment