Wednesday, April 22, 2015

CHEATIN' Tour, Part 2

My next stop was Seattle, Washington, the NW Film Forum -


It's a delightful independent cinema where ten years ago, I screened my feature "Hair High".  At that screening, some drunken fan stood up on his seat, pulled out his wang and started to piss all over the audience.  I was waiting outside, heard the screams and saw throngs of horrified attendees stampeding out of the theater.  We were finally able to wrangle the drunken guy out of the cinema and on to the street.  Unfortunately, after we cleaned up his mess, there were only three stalwart audience members who remained to watch the end of the film.

Fortunately for this screening of CHEATIN', we had no drunk assholes to ruin the night, and the audience enjoyed the film without any "scattered showers". 

After Seattle, I rode up to Bellingham, Washington, to a small cinema there called the Limelight, part of the Pickford Film Center. 


They held a nice wine reception for me at the opening.  I had visited Bellingham when I was a child, and my aunt, Hazel Plympton, lived there and taught art.  It's a beautiful old city on the shores of Puget Sound.  I was able to walk around the old logging and fishing city and explore its turn-of-the-century architecture.

I'll be posting Part 3 of my travelog soon - but I'm still out on tour, so don't forget to check the schedule and come meet me in person at a screening of CHEATIN'!

No comments:

Post a Comment