Friday, May 31, 2013

The Prophet

If you haven't already heard about it, I'm involved in a very cool project.

There is an animated feature film being produced about Kahlil Gibran's famous book "The Prophet", with chapters being animated by different directors from around the world.  One of the producers of the film is the great actress Salma Hayek.

And I was honored to be invited to contribute a section of animation. 

At first, I volunteered to animation the section about pleasure - I got very excited about that, then the producers decided I'd do a better job on the section about eating and drinking.  So I started doing lots of sketches about food and booze.

In fact, the esteemed director Roger Allers ("The Lion King", "Open Season"), who is directing this compilation, was in town and he was kind enough to stop in at my studio for a visit.  He gave me notes on my section and hopefully soon I can begin coloring the short segment.

Anyway, it will be out soon in theaters, so watch for it.  There are some great animators involved in this glorious project.

--Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment