Friday, March 29, 2013

MoCCA Arts Fest, April 6 + 7

I have very good news to report - the great MoCCA Arts Festival lives!

There was a danger that it might disappear into oblivion because MoCCA (The Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art) was having financial difficulties, but it was saved at the last minute by a white knight, The Society of Illustrators, one of my favorite organizations.

In the past, the Arts Festival was held in the Puck Building on Houston St. in NYC, but now it's been moved to the 69th Regiment Armory on 68 Lexington Ave. at 25th St. and the dates are April 6 and 7.

The reason I love this annual event is it doesn't allow the big corporate comic companies to exhibit.  Thus, they specialize in indie artists like me - so the artwork and stories are a lot more adventurous and interesting.  And now, since the Society of Illustrators in involved, you're going to see a much higher level of artists, maybe even some cartoon superstars.

I will have a table there - where I'll be selling my new DVDs and recent books, including the Focal Press book "Make Toons that Sell Without Selling Out", plus I'll have artwork from my entire career for sale at flea-market prices.

And then on Sunday, April 7 at 4:30 I'll be moderating a panel on animation - the guests will be Signe Baumane, the Diva of Indie Animation, plus the glamorous geniuses Joy Vaccese and Noelle Melody.

So this is a must-see event!  For more details, visit the Society of Illustrators' web-site at:

http://www.societyillustrators.org/Mocca_Event.aspx?id=8605

or the Festival's Facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/events/314320955357948/

April 6 + 7, 2013, from 11 am to 6 pm.  See you there!

Bill P.






No comments:

Post a Comment