Friday, November 16, 2012

Oscars shorts list



Well, The Academy shorts list just came out and four of my favorites made the list-"Paperman" by John Kahrs of Disney (you can see the short before "Wreck-it Ralph" in your local multiplex), "Tram" by Micheala Pavlatova-It would be great to see a sex film at The Oscars! "Fresh Guacamole," the wonderful new film from PES. And "Adam and Dog", a beautifully animated short by Minkyu Lee. 





However, two of my favorites did not get listed. "Oh Willy" by Emma De Swaef & Marc James Roels and "Junkyard" by Hisko Hulsig. I think it's particularly sad that "Junkyard" won't get the nomination. It's a tour-de-force of animation and deserves to be seen by everyone. 



The nominations are announced on January 10th and the Oscar ceremony will be held Febuary 24th. 
Because I've been working on my feature, "Cheatin'" I wasn't able to create a short that I felt had a chance for a nomination. 

By the way, if you're interested, you should check out our new studio trailer-very badass. It will be incorporated in our upcoming Kickstarter campaign beginning after Thanksgiving. 

Check it out: 



No comments:

Post a Comment